As the old saying goes, there are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.Continue reading “Biden’s State of The Union spin”
Preliminary injunction issued regarding handgun roster
U.S. District Court judge Cormac J. Carney has issued a preliminary injunction against continuing enforcement of the California handgun roster, ruling that the roster is unconstitutional. The court grants Preliminary Injunctions when the trial judge is satisfied that the plaintiff will prevail after the trial. Kudos to the California Rifle and Pistol Association (CRPA) for filing the suit … and for prevailing.Continue reading “Preliminary injunction issued regarding handgun roster”
CNN uses misleading data to claim over 100 mass shootings in 2023
CNN used misleading data from the Gun Violence Archive to claim Monday “the U.S. has surpassed 100 mass shootings in 2023.”Continue reading “CNN uses misleading data to claim over 100 mass shootings in 2023”
Leading firearms expert: The statistics don’t make sense
Gun Owners of California issues response to the Governor and AG’s press conference on guns
In response to Governor Newsom and Attorney General Bonta’s announcement of new efforts to advance critical “gun safety” legislation, Gun Owners of California is boldly challenging the direction their policies will take the state of California.Continue reading “Gun Owners of California issues response to the Governor and AG’s press conference on guns”
California’s SB 1327 fee shifting provisions stopped
In an order issued last night, Judge Roger Benitez enjoined the fee shifting provisions of SB 1327, a law Governor Newsom patterned after a Texas law banning abortion. This is a HUGE WIN for California’s lawful gun owners as it stops the state’s attempt to make its laws impervious to legal challenge.Continue reading “California’s SB 1327 fee shifting provisions stopped”
California DOJ drops defense of SB 1327
Tonight, we learned that the California DOJ will drop its defense of SB 1327. This is the law that attempts to shift attorney fees to force parties and attorneys who challenge gun control measures to pay the State’s legal fees. CRPA and others filed a lawsuit to challenge the fee shifting provisions of the law (South Bay Rod and Gun Club v. Bonta).Continue reading “California DOJ drops defense of SB 1327”
Another day, another court decision against New York gun control
United States District Court Judge John L. Sinatra Jr. granted a temporary injunction against a New York gun control barring the licensed carry of a concealed weapon on private property.Continue reading “Another day, another court decision against New York gun control”
Sensible gun logic
- If gun control laws actually worked, Chicago would be as peaceful as Mayberry, USA.
- The Second Amendment makes more women equal than the entire feminist movement.
- Legal gun owners have 300 million guns and probably a trillion rounds of ammo. Seriously, folks, if we were the problem, you’d know about it real quick.
- When JFK was murdered, nobody blamed the rifle.
- The National Rifle Association murders 0 people and receives nothing in government funds. On the other hand, Planned Parenthood murders 350,000 babies yearly and receives $500,000,000 in tax dollars annually.
- I’ve no problem with vigorous background checks when it comes to firearms. But, while we’re at it, let’s do the same when it comes to immigration, voter I.D., and candidates running for office.
- A man who left 300,000 guns for the Taliban has the gall to be lecturing law-abiding gun owners about gun control.
NY ruling will have enormous implications across the U.S.
Today, Gun Owners of America (GOA) and Gun Owners Foundation (GOF) secured a preliminary injunction in federal district court against most of New York’s poorly named “Concealed Carry Improvement Act.” This follows GOA and GOF securing a temporary restraining order against the law in October, which was frustratingly blocked by a federal appeals court.Continue reading “NY ruling will have enormous implications across the U.S.”